Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Happy 2012

My project pattern for the New Year

I will be stitching the middle one, Welcome To sign with our last name spelled out with the houses

                           Pork and Saur Kraut to ensure good luck in the coming New Year.

I hope everyone had a safe New Year's Eve. We stayed home and watched movies. Hubby seems to be coming down with a cold, he is ache and sneezing and just not himself, so I will stay away from him as I don't want a cold.
Today I will be making a traditional Pa. Dutch New Year's Eve dinner of Pork and Saur Kraut, other then that not much is planned for today. I will once again start my New Year's Tradition of starting a New Counted Cross Stitch.  This year I have chosen to stitch a family name plaque using the Village Alphabet Chart. You just stitch out the letters in your name, each letter is a different house or tree. If your name has double letters each pattern has a second color choice. I think I will stitch this on a hand dyed sky blue background. Last year my first cross stitch of the year was for my charity group, it was a sailboat pattern that went into a quilt for the nursing home. This year I am stitching for my home.
 Tomorrow (Monday) we will watch the Rose Parade and I sure hope they don't change their coverage like they did for  Macy's Thanksgiving parade. That parade was awful to watch as it was more performances then parade 

January 1, 2012
I wrote the above post yesterday and planned on posting it at midnight, but hubs was on the computer playing the new games I bought for him.. We did get to watch a movie last night, missed the ball drop at Times Square. I was busy stitching on Lavender and Laces Enchanted Alphabet hoping to finish, but I didn't get it done in 2011.  So at 6 minutes after midnight, I interrupted Hubs game, kissed him and wished him a Happy New Year... That was our BIG night.
I did hear from Jen as she posted on yesterday's blog and all is fine at her house, but then it always is. Jen has the most calm personality, the house could be falling down around her and she would say ever things OK. It is a good thing that she is so calm as she has 6 children, three of them in their teens. She has been thru the sibling fights, the injuries, the medical problems and has come through it all being her calm self.
I also talked to Mel yesterday and she was home alone, her husband took the kids out shopping. I guess he did it so Mel could have some peace and quiet which was so nice of him... She is feeling miserable trying to fight a nasty cold. She went to the doctor and has antibiotics to fight the cold, she also got a injection but she ended up having a bad reaction to that and she said she is still red from it.  What a way to start the new year.



No comments: