Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

TURKEY DAY




I find it hard to believe that Thanksgiving is upon us. Where did this year go, seems the older I get the faster the year goes by. I keep trying to keep up but it seems that I just do not have that ability anymore. I am not ready for the Holidays and if they come without me having everything done than so be it. I will still enjoy myself and Hey there is always next year.
Back to Turkey Day, I have been watching the Food Network and I have my bird cleaned and in the brine. They say if you soak the Turkey in Brine it will make the Turkey Juicy so I'm giving it a try, can't hurt. I will make my stuffing the way I have for years remembering how my Grand Mother made it and no there isn't a recipe for it, my Nanny never used a recipe for anything. Of course there will be Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato's, Cranberry Sauce, Corn, Rolls, and topping off the meal a Pumpkin Pie. I know canned pumpkin is in short supply, I had a terrible time finding it in the store. There was a lady making a sweet Potato pie and handing out the recipe, but that just won't do for hubby, he won't eat sweet potato pie and there is no fooling him. But I found the pumpkin, last can on the shelf and hubby will get his pie. Libby's has a great recipe and I am cheating, I bought Pillsbury pie crust. I don't know what the problem is lately but I can not make a good crust, so I gave up and now I buy pre-made crusts.

So tonight I am doing the prep work, Tomorrow when the Turkey is roasting we will be watching the Macy's Day Parade and after dinner we will put up the Christmas Tree. This weekend the outdoor lights and decorations go up. Mel beat me to it though she and the kids put their tree up and decorated their house last Sunday. Guess you can tell that Christmas is Mel's favorite Holiday.

As for Friday and the black Friday specials, NOT ME, I would like the deals, but there is no way I will be up and standing in line in the wee hours of the morning and fighting crowds, NOT ME, never in my life have I participated in black Friday shopping. My only hope is that all who do shop on Friday will be safe and no one will be injured or worse as it happened last year.

So if you are a brave shopper, PLEASE stay safe and get out of the way of the idiots who think they have to run everyone over to save a few pennies, Also be careful on the highways. Merry Christmas Shopping, I'll post my list next week. hehehe


1 comment:

CindyMae said...

Hope you had a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving!