Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Friday, October 9, 2009

I WON!!!


Meet Jingles, Chuckles, Snowball & Twitch from Lavender Wings

Can you believe it I actually won something at the Needlework show. The first evening of the show I spent just quickly looking at the wonderful designs and also making a mental note as to who I needed to fill out a door prize entry for. I figured I had lots of time as most of the vendors have a drawing at the end of the show. BUT there were a couple that were doing a daily drawing, so I filled out my entry and hoped for the best. The next morning I was checking my email and there was a notice from a shop called Lavender Wings, I WON a door prize. Well you can imagine my surprise, I had just posted that I never win anything and here I am a winner on the first day. I had chosen a cute design of four handsome men, snowmen that is, they are so cute. Jingles, Chuckles, Snowball & Twitch are the names of these cute little guys. All the designs on this site are wonderful, it was hard to choose one. Oh and best of all Linda told me I could enter every day, Keep your fingers crossed for me and hopefully I will win again. Kind of hard to decide which design to try for, I really like one called Buddies, it is a polar bear giving a ride to his friends who happen to be a snowman, and a little penguin, so cute. Oh and than there are the Halloween designs, these are wonderful too. You just need to stop by her site (Lavender Wings) at the needle show. There is also vendor who is giving away a complete line of their floss. Wouldn't that be great to win, how many squares for our charity quilts could be stitched from that prize. Oh and one of my World of Charity cross stitch friends won yesterday. We did let the rest of the ladies in our group know that the show was in full swing, hope they all get a chance to stop by.

I have a quilt to cut out for WOCS tonight, I also am packing a bag of material, ribbons, and lace for Jenny. She belongs to a group that makes little toys and than they leave them in a place where a child might find them. The toys are wrapped and have a note with their story. What I have packed for Jenny should keep her busy for a long time, that is when she gets to feeling better, she had cracked a tooth and had to have it pulled and now she has one that needs a root canal.

As for my yard sale this weekend, I had cancelled it due to the threat of rain on both days, next weekend is already planned out, so I don't know when I will have my sale. I really need to get rid of some of the stuff in the garage and make some money to help pay for a new heater and Air Conditioner unit. Anyone good with AC and will work really cheap??

No comments: