Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

For My Dear Aunt Sis



This beautiful Gardenia is for my Aunt Sis who passed away on Sunday. When ever I would talk to Aunt Sis she always asked about my Gardenia bushes. She was amazed at how large they were, being 10ft wide. She was the last of my Mother's sisters. My Mother and both her sisters passed away in their 80th year. My Mother was the eldest, she enjoyed many stitching type crafts such as hand quilting that she had learned at the side of her grandmother my Grammy Armstrong. Mother also enjoyed Knitting, Crocheting and playing cards. My Aunt Kit was the middle daughter, she enjoyed plastic canvas crafts, playing cards and Bingo. My Aunt Sis was the baby of the family, she was not a crafty person, she enjoyed gardening, playing cards and Bingo. When talking with my cousin she said her Mother has gone home to her maker, she is joining her Mother and Sister's, now the Pinochle Game can begin. Rest in Peace dear Grandmother, Mother and Aunt's, I love you and will miss you all. Watch over us and keep us safe.

No comments: