Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekender

This past weekend was yet another busy one. Saturday we once again returned to the ceramic shop and again loaded up the van. We got mainly molds this trip, a few cases of paint and some accessories. Saturday evening we went to the auction in Milton and added to our collections. We have so much fun at this auction house. Cherylynn the auctioneer is a delightful person and her staff are always such fun to be around. This auction house has mainly top quality items, no junk here. Just a fun way to spend a Saturday evening.

Melanie came over Sunday with Heather and Kyle. Melanie didn't get her birthday lunch on her birthday because Heather had gotten sick. So this was the make up date for her lunch and the kids decided to tag along. The girls get to choose where they want to have lunch at and Melanie like Jennifer had chosen Red Lobster. I really don't know why Jenny chooses Red Lobster as she usually wants to order chicken, oh yea that right she loves the biscuits and mashed potatoes there. Kyle had the Chicken Alfredo, Heather and I had the Snow Crab legs and Melanie and Sean had the Ultimate Feast. We had a great time at lunch and afterwards we headed to JoAnn Fabrics to look for a pattern. Seems Melanie has to dress for work on Halloween, so I volunteered to make her a costume. I had gotten a huge box of lace and satin at a auction really cheap and this would be a good way to use up some of the material. Melanie chose a Civil War style southern belle ball gown. The gown will be in a Peach satin with white trims and lace. I did cheat however, JoAnn's had a pattern for the hoop skirt slip, but I didn't buy that one. I did go on ebay last night and ordered a 4 hoops skirt slip, I paid less than what it would have cost me to make the slip. Last night I cut out all the satin and tonight I will be cutting out the lining material, than it will be off to the sewing room. I will be making a few modifications to the dress, can't wait to see Melanie as a southern belle she will be a Georgia Peach oh guess I should say a Alabama Peach.... We also picked up the items needed for Melanie to make a era style necklace. From JoAnn Fabric we headed to Sam's club where we ran into Jenny and her family. We searched the isles and ended up getting some snack items and cereals for the kids. We always have such fun spending time with the kids, you just never know what they are going to say or do, especially Kyle, he comes right out of left field sometimes, he is so funny, a true delight to be around.

No comments: