Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Friday, September 19, 2008

Think Pink

Today was a little scary for me. I had my yearly mammogram done on the 10 of this month and thought that things were fine as I didn't hear from the Ann Baroca Center. Well, last night the phone rang and it was a nurse on the other end telling me there was a problem with my test and I needed to come back in asap. So I made a appointment for this morning. They did the more intense pictures, the tech came back in the room and said more pictures were needed. So more smashing, more pictures. She left to review the pictures with the doctor and than once again returned to the room I was waiting in. This time I was told that she needed to do a sonogram and this test would tell if the mass they were seeing was a cyst or tumor. When she looked at the mass, she told me it was more involved and that it appeared to be a tumor. OK Seems that I was going to be the third person to have a biopsy done. But, NO, Wait, the nurse looked and what is this a bruise on my breast, Gee, what a relief, seems the mass is just this bruise. So I received a passing grade for now, however I will have to go back in 6 months for a recheck just to be on the safe side. So what I am trying to say here ladies is that next month is National Breast Cancer awareness month. This means that if you haven't had your yearly mammogram, than Now is the time to make the appointment. I was scared today with the thought of possibly having breast cancer and I do have my yearly check up. So now is the time to have yours done. Also if you go to Thebreastcancersite.com and click on the daily click you will be helping those women who can't afford to have a mammogram done get one free. Please click every day to help in the fight. THINK PINK.....

No comments: