Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Just doing my thing

How I wish I could be just doing my thing, which is crafting, crafting, crafting. But I am in the process of doing a deep house cleaning, in anticipation of my mother-in-law and brother-in-law coming for a visit next week. I can't wait till they get here. Sean is planning on taking a few days off so that we can take them places. I think we will be making a trip to Biloxi one day, hope we all are winners... Mom and Mike will be arriving next Wednesday and there will be so many things for them to see and do. I know the girls are going to enjoy their grandmother coming for a visit. Of course the main event of their visit is Emily's Bat Mitzvah which is Saturday the 13th. I just hope that all the storms in the gulf go elsewhere and leave us alone.
Today has been a day of packages, first one to arrive was rug yarn that I had won on eBay(this is to finish a rug that my mother in law had started many years ago) 2 nd package was vitamins from Puritan pride, they had a great deal, buy one and get two free, So I stocked up. I just love getting things in the mail, feels like Christmas even thought I know what is in the boxes. I also love eBay, the excitement of the hunt, the thrill of the bidding and the reward of winning. I keep a look out for things for the kids and stuff that we collect. Right now I am in a search mode for a Quilting frame for my sewing machine. I have two quilt tops ready to be quilted, one that is almost finished and three quilt block kits to work on and three quilts in the planning stage. I do not hand quilt, just give me a frame and my machine and I will be good to go... My Mom was the hand quilter NOT ME, I just don't have the patience for it.

1 comment:

Jeannie Phillips said...

Thanks for entering my Free Card give away...
www.winafreecard.blogspot.com
it made my day... great blog.
Jeannie