Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Monday, April 20, 2009

Cross stitch

Lavender and Lace designs
Angel of Spring

Angel of Summer


Angel of Autumn

Angel of Winter

I have been making Heirloom Quilts for family members for Christmas and as a diversion from that tedious work ( to much math involved) I decided to once again give Cross stitch a try. I haven't done any stitching since I was in my late 20's. I started doing the little Mill Hill kits in the evenings while watching TV. Of course I was finding Mill Hill Kits on ebay, but than in searching one night for Mill Hill beaded kits, my search went another direction. I was taken to this auction called Celtic Spring (Mill Hill Beads are part of the designs), she was beautiful, I knew I would have to stitch her. I found there was Celtic Summer, Celtic Autumn, Celtic Winter and Celtic Christmas. I went to the designer's web site (Told in a Garden) and found that they were based in my home town, how funny is that. I also found the Angel of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter on their web site, but it was at Needle Delights Shop in Pensacola where I saw the angels stitched out. The design series is Lavender and Lace and all the designs are beautiful (check them out if you get a chance, patterns would make a great gift item Hint Hint). She has all kinds of angels, as well as Victorian designs (Butternut Road) and Amish designs (Told in a Garden). I am hooked on their designs, so on to my new quest. I bought the 4 Seasons Angels as well as some of their other designs (Queen Anne's Lace, Christmas Visit, Country Fair, Earth Angel, Angel of Hope, Angel of Grace and Ice Angel). I still want to get the Celtic patterns, so on to ebay and let the bidding begin. Now I have to get embroidery floss and fabric, seems so strange that I am buying this stuff for me. I normally spend all year finding floss, fabrics, and accessories for the girls Christmas stitching boxes, now I have to shop for me. Hey I don't drink or smoke, crafts are my addiction, but after all they keep me out of trouble. I also have a wonderful husband who supports all that I do. Melanie has also been a big help giving me heads up on which are the best shops and web sites to find the bargins. I did find the Crafters market web site and they have really great sales, you can check them out using this link (Cross Stitch Supplies - $1.00 or less)

Anyone who wants to donate DMC Floss, Mill Hill Beads or Fabric or any related Stitching stuff to fuel my addiction, I would really appreciate it.


No comments: