Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Monday, June 24, 2013

Anita Goodesign Party

Last week I attended a Anita Goodesign  Embroidery Party at Susan's Sew and Vac.
This was my first time ever attending a embroidery event and I must say I had a lot of fun. There was a Representative from Anita Goodesign who showed lots of examples of items that can be created using their designs. There were embroidery machines set up at the tables and you worked in groups of 5 on two projects.  My group consisted of a mother, daughters, and niece who all happened to be teachers.
Now I have bought many designs from Anita Goodesign to use in my quilts.  I love the way the sew out and they way my finished items look using their designs.
 
This was a baby quilt for a niece who wanted frogs and dragonflies,
 The design pack was Spring Curls

These beautiful flowers were also from the spring curls designs CD and they went into a quilt for one of my grand daughters.

Here is one of the latest designs packs and I bought it at the party.  I have always wanted a quilt with the Mariner's compass but never thought I could get the quilt block done the right way.  Now Anita Goodesign has made it easy for me, I can't wait to get started on this project.

I also fell in love with a beautiful quilt they had hanging on the wall, it was made using the Floral Rings designs CD.  I know my Mother in Law will love this quilt on her bed, but then so will I.. so Yep I bought that one too..
Well, I really didn't buy the two disks above... I joined the Diamond Club at Anita Goodesign, which means I will be getting a Full collection and a mini collection every month... Plus for signing up at the event I got the two special editions CD pictured about... PLUS 10 Design collections, all together they are  valued at over 800 dollars.  Plus I also received the sample CD for attending the party, plus when I ordered my club membership I received a disk with 5 retired collections valued at over 300 dollars... Plus when you sign up for a club you get the start up kit which has retired collections and there are over 757 designs on that disk...  
and I was a winner  of a sample collection door prize drawing.
I though about the $  58.00 monthly club membership but realized how much I was getting for that price and it is a great deal.  a full collection sells for $ 69.95 and the Mini collections sells for $ 39.95 so even there it makes the membership a good value, but with all the extra designs you get the membership is a great value.
There is a Diamond club, with embroidery designs, a Quilting Club with all quilting design packs, and you can up grand to a Platinum and get the project Cd's with either diamond or quilting memberships... or there is the top of the line  VIP membership which is the best value and that is the one I will be going for next year as it wasn't in the budget for this year...
Now to just find the time to sew all these projects that are in my head using my new designs..
 
 
 
 

No comments: