Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Monday, August 3, 2009

Charity lap robe



This is a lap robe that I am quilting for Century Care Center, the nursing home that Melanie works at. I was sent the cross stitched squares which were stitched by members of the charity group. I made them into quilt blocks and added the filler blocks and sashing. The lap robe measures a little over 3 X 3 Square which will make a great quilt for the residents when they are seated in a chair. The WOCS is also making bags, cards and other projects for Century Care Center. This group has projects in the works for many hospitals, nursing homes and special children in need, not only in the United States but in the United Kingdom as well. Melanie joined this group last month so she to will be stitching for charity too. She started a rose for the cancer quilt (which is my pet project) before she joined the group she finished the square the other week, She has also stitched a sponge bob square for a 13 yr old boy who is very ill in South Florida. The World of Charity Stitchers is a wonderful group of ladies who donate their skills, time and supplies to make someone in need feel really special. If you would like to donate supplies or money to the World of Charity Stitches contact me and I will put you in touch with the group or I believe they accept donations thru paypal. Check out their web site on Yahoo World of Charity Stitchers

No comments: