Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Charity finishes




The World of Charity Stitchers sent the cross stitched squares to me, I used the squares in Quilt blocks and put them together in a small quilted lap robe. The knitted items were made with the last of the yarn from my Mom's estate. I crochet but I am not a knitter, so to make these I pulled out the knitting machine and got busy. That thing is amazing, I can knit a throw in about 1 hour, if I were to make it with needles it would take me a month. All these items plus anything else I get made or donated from now to December will go into the holiday box. This box will be delivered to the Century Care Center nursing home for the residents at the holidays. There are so many wonderful people who are placed in homes and then forgotten by their relatives. If the items in this box brings a smile to just one person than it is all worthwhile.

No comments: