Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This wet weekend

It has been raining all weekend.. Band after Band of rain has been pelting the Gulf Coast Area.  I really don't mind the rain as the plants love a good soaking rain.  BUT the wind, I really didn't need the wind.  I was late getting to the orange tree and propping up a branch that was orange heavy and it broke.. At least the Tangerine Tree is fine... I just love the fruit we get off that tree.

But on to this wet weekend.  Not much to do because of all the rain.  I did manage to get to Pensacola and deliver three kids quilts to our group owner. We then came home and I worked on my Baby quilt.
I showed you all the parts laying patiently waiting for their turn on the sewing machine. and the two blocks at the top of this blog are some of what I was working on.  BUT then tragedy struck, I blew a fuse on my sewing machine, My Janome was dead, no hum, no whirl, just total silence.  My heart sank as the last time I took her in for a blown fuse it cost me $70.00.  OK so I did have them service her when she was in the shop, but it took two months to get her back.. So I went out to my husband with my long sad face, and upset look and told him what was wrong. Now he use to repair sewing machines, but that was before they were computerized. I said but it is just a fuse, can you please take a look. I mean after all he keeps plane flying with his electronic knowledge, how hard could a little sewing machine be?  He gave me a look, OK, but he said he would check it out. In the meantime I went online and found a site with instructions on how to find the fuse for a Janome. I am so glad I live in the computer era, you can find anything online.  So I printed out the instructions and delivered it to my husband.  He got the covers off, and Janome is tricky as they use different screws which requires different tools.  HA!! hubby had them so no problem.  He found the bad fuse and the next day we headed to Radio Shack and got the fuse we needed, it was installed and my baby is up and running again and it cost less then $4.00 Plus he has 4 more backup fuses as they were sold in a pack of 5.  WOW big difference in the price, take it to a shop and the minute the man looks at it there is a $ 50.00 service charge.  Maybe hubby needs to start repairing sewing machines again, might be a good retirement plan for him..
I will be finishing up the quilt today with attaching the borders, but it won't go in the quilting machine until I have some of the charity quilts ready to go.  I like quilting a group of quilts at a time, as I need to get into the swing of things with the machine.


No comments: