Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Monday, August 1, 2011

MILs quilt finished

a Lone Star for Bernice
I finally finished the Lone Star and it is on its way to my Mother In Law... She should have it tomorrow and I am sitting on pins and needles wondering if she is going to like it.. She loved the small one I sent for her couch so I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will love this one too. Sorry the photo doesn't show the whole quilt, but it was just to big..

This has once again been a weird couple of weeks... seems my sons divorce became final and he and his girlfriend Chrissy Eloped two weeks ago.. So I now have a new daughter and three new grand children... one young GD, one College GD and a GS in the Military.

As for Step daughter Mel... she is continuing on her bad luck streak... she was suppose to have a follow up on her Cyst issue with a doctor from the hospital and he would recommend a surgeon if needed... But this weekend that doctor was arrested, seems the FBI had that clinic under investigation on prescribing to many pain meds.. So she now has to start all over with a new doctor.. 

I also Finished another Dolly Mama tonight


6 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Wow, the quilt is magnificent - she will absolutely love it. I love the colors. You are amazing, your family is growing.

Barb said...

Your quilt is awesome!!! You certainly have alot of things going on over there...hang in there!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The quilt is gorgeous!! How could your MIL not love it?!?! Sorry to hear about Mel's trouble with the doctor. It's never fun having to start over with a new one.
Your Dolly Mama is so cute :)

Rita E in AZ said...

Your Lone Star quilt is just beautiful - what a great finish for you.
Rita E in AZ

Sara said...

marvelous lone star--how many have you done? I did one for our guest bedroom upstairs and now I don't know if I wish to do one ever again!

Link to mine:

http://joyineverythingthruhim.blogspot.com/2011/06/oh-my-goodness.html

Come check out my giveaway too link is at bottom of my most recent post.

Dee said...

Looks really nice, Bon. Having fun with the quilting machine, huh?
LOVIN' the embroidery ...doing a small wall hanging right now....
Hugs
Dee