Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party




I am so behind on things lately, but better late then never..
I am participating in the Ultimate Blog Party again this year... I have been checking out all the wonderful blogs. If you want to check them out click on the logo and it will take you to the main site.

As for Me and my blogs... Southern Style is my Family, Cross Stitch, Quilting and Charity Blog, Nanbon's Corner is my giveaway site.  You are welcome to visit any time..


This is me and hubby, taken many, many, many years ago....well not that many... this was taken at the Strasburg Railroad Depot.. It is a tourist spot near my hometown.  Just a little steam engine that will take you to Paradise.. We now live in a little town near Pensacola Fl.

I am retired and a very craft oriented type person... I make cakes and candies and have many hobbies, Cross stitching, stained glass, warm glass, blown beads, ceramics, floral arranging, painting, card making, sewing and quilting.  I also belong to a Yahoo group called the World of Charity Stitchers.. these ladies cross stitch squares which are sent to quilters to be made into quilts for nursing homes, ill children, cancer patients, and abused women and children.. I have been a member of this wonderful group of ladies for two years now, I stitch for them and I am one of the quilters... Last Year I stitched, 6 squares and made 14 quilts plus tote bags, bookmarks and eyeglass cases and little bags.  So far this year I have stitched 14 squares (been healing from heel spur surgery so lots of stitching time) plus I currently have 9 quilts in the works for them. As you can see I am always on the go.... Thanks for Stopping by... 

If you want to visit The World of Charity Stitchers Blog just click on the name and off you go...


1 comment:

life...just saying said...

Stopping by for a quick visit from UBP! Nice!