Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fashion and Me

I had a heel spur that didn't react to treatment, so surgery was scheduled and I got a new fashion look, this lovely shoe.... seems the problem was more scar tissue then heel spur which is why treatment didn't work.
time went by and the shoe came off and sneakers were once again my fashion choice.

This past Saturday was the first day DH and I had in months to just shop, we went to yard sales, a auction,  the sewing machine store, Wal Mart, JoAnn's and the grocery store and then it happened... I stepped and felt a pull in the bottom of my foot... OPPS shouldn't move that way I guess... went home put foot up, took Tylenol, and iced the foot. 

Sunday I worked a little in the yard, cutting the Lantana pulling weeds and helping DH in his workshop putting things in the attic space.  Sunday night foot is swollen  and warm so  back to Tylenol, and Ice on the foot... 

Monday foot hurt so didn't do much , also  because it was my birthday.  Well I did do two loads of laundry, then I settled into my recliner and stitched a little..Foot is hot & swollen so lots of Ice and more Tylenol

Tuesday had a follow up appt on the foot, was supposed to be the last follow up appt. from the surgery.  Told Doc about Sat and the pulling... he checked foot, took X rays and the results are this new fashion accessories for me, isn't it just lovely. All thanks to a new stress fracture..
The Walking Cast .

I am making  the Frankenstein look  the new in look for the summer....
What do you think, maybe some bling or a little lace or ruffles... hope I am not in this to long.. Now whats next...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

crazy glue and rhinestones....isn't it aggravating when your equipment doesn't work properly? Hope you are back on your feet again soon.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

WOW! Not fun! Can you at least use it as an excuse to get out of housework?

SewCalGal said...

Uh oh. I think you missed the 101 class for this life's lesson. This is the time that it is ok to relax and accept pampering. Feet up, servants in position. Yes, the more you stay off your foot now the sooner you'll be 100% better. The more you walk on your foot the longer it will take to heal. Do I sound like I'm lecturing? Yeap. Bad girl. This is truly the time for pampering. BonBons, tv trays, order food in, manicures & pedicures, etc. Stay off that foot! And get well 100% very soon.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Jen said...

and they call me grace lol