Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A little homesteader

Sunday my husband took to his riding mower and started the job of mowing the grass, I know such a fun job, but somebody has to do it and he does have a riding mower. I took to the flowerbeds doing some light weeding. I was out front and heard the call that my hubby needed the gate open so he could start on the front yard.so I opened the gate, and he started the front yard. I had taken a moment to look at the area under the trees by the road and wait!, what was that? It moved like brown lightning on the ground, and there was a little white puff following the streak. Hubby saw me standing there all perplexed and as he headed to cut the grass around the trees, Wait! there it was again yet another brown lightning streak followed by that same little white puff... This time it was running down the road. It was a teeny tiny, itty bitty bunny, but could it move. It ended up across the street on the neighbors property. So I carefully moved in behind it and gently shooed it back across the street. The other little kid was hiding under a bush by the garage door and yes, I ran into the house and got the camera and took its picture. I left it there so that when we were done the little creature could once again join his family under my trees.





I have fruit trees in my yard, peach trees, oranges, lemons, limes, tangerines and loquat. Last year we did get to sample the citrus fruit from our trees, but our peach only gave us one peach, I really had thought there was more peaches. This year the peach tree was in full bloom and I watched as the flowers turned into little peaches just growing in the warm sun. I check on the development now and then, but I could have sworn that there were peaches on the whole tree, but now there are only peaches on the left side branches. Well, tonight I was standing at the kitchen window doing my dishes and I will just stare out at all the lovely plants in the yard. then I noticed it, the peach tree was moving, but just a branch. So I waited and watched and then it happened, A Thief was making off with one of my not ripe peaches, his fluffy tail swishing as if to say, HA HA I stole another one from you. HELP what am I to do, how do to keep this peach loving squirrel from stealing all my beautiful peaches.... Any help here would really be appreciated, but remember I don't want to hurt it, I just want to keep it out of my tree.

Don't forget to stop by my Nanbon's Corner site and get your entry in for the $50.00 Gift Card at CSN Stores, The deadline is the 30th, then watch that site for more great giveaways.

2 comments:

Micki said...

Loved your post and the pics!
Micki

Wendy said...

Aaah, what a cute little kit, you can't beat baby bunny photos!