Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Calling all Quilter's, Your help is needed


To all my quilting friends in blog land, the charity group I belong to is in desperate need of quilter's. The group is a yahoo group, The World of Charity Stitchers. The members stitch counted cross stitch designs, these are sent to the quilter's who make the squares into blocks and then quilts. I have been involved with this group since this past July, I quilt the lap robes for a nursing home in Alabama. In the past the group had numerous quilter's but over time they have left for one reason or another. The last two quilter's had to stop quilting due to medical problems. There is a backlog of quilts that need finished, I believe they are being made for seriously ill children. This is also a international group, I am not sure where all the members are from, I know there are members in the US and UK. I have not needed help with fabric but the group has helped me with batting and threads. I also understand there is postage money to help with shipping quilts. So if you are looking to volunteer for a worthwhile cause this year, please stop by the WOCS web site, give us a look see and lend a hand, we could really use your help. Also any quilting materials would also be appreciated. Thank You to all my friends for taking time to read this request. For more information on WOCS contact me or visit WOCS Site at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WOCS/

1 comment:

J.B. said...

totally beautiful, thank you for offering and for stopping by, #690