Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Friday, September 20, 2013

Sept. update

Things here are busy as usual... been a hectic month so far..  Last month I put together some quilt tops for my charity group and family members but I haven't gotten a chance to quilt them.  Last month I again started having chest pains and just a general not feeling good at all type of month.  But things still had to continue around the house, and hubby just doesn't have it in him to be of help to me with house or yard  things.  So I was bad and put it off, just hoping it would all go away.  It didn't and I finally got to the point that I needed to have it all checked out.  So a visit was scheduled with my heart doctor or should I say his assistant.  We discussed various options and I opted to have a heart cath done.. as I knew something was terribly wrong.  Good thing that is the way I approached it all as on the 9th of Sept. the heart cath was done and there was another blockage.  A stent was inserted and new meds were prescribed.  After spending a trying day in the hospital I went home that night feeling so much better.. No more pain or dread.. I felt alive and refreshed.  I was put on restrictions  for 10 days and wasn't allowed to do much around the house and no yard work.  Hubby managed to get the mower out and cut the grass.. but I wish he would have let me pay someone to come in a do it as he shouldn't be out there in the heat trying to do that work.  I am still on restrictions with no pulling or pushing or lifting over 20 lbs.  But things need to get done and so I will take it easy and try to get some things done and see how it all works out.  I wish my son lived closer as then I wouldn't have to worry about any of this as he would be here taking care of things for me.  But he is in PA and we are in FL... so no help there.   I did ask Sean's girls if they could help their dad around the hospital the day of my procedure and his daughter Mel stepped up to the plate. She spent the night at the house and the next day she went with us. She looked after her dad while I was getting ready for the procedure.  Her husband also stopped by to see how I was before the procedure.. and later that day he picked Mel up and took her shopping and stopped by to see how I was doing after the test.  Mel's step daughter Nikki also stopped by as we waited for my scheduled time, she works at  the hospital in the pharmacy.

Yesterday I had my follow up appt. and things seems to be doing well.  I was told that there are small blockages in my heart and that I will need to be on a blood thinner the rest of my life. I just need to be aware of any issues I might have and take care of them in a timely manner and not wait like I did this time.  To many chances of having another heart attack and to many chances that it could take my life away.  

I can now get back to my quilting, sewing and crafts... I have numerous quilt tops ready to be quilted. I am also in the process of making some items for a online friend who owns a embroidery design site.  Her designs are fantastic and one day I hope to tell you more about her work and host a giveaway featuring her designs.  I made a baby quilt with her frog designs for her and I am now making a baby tiger baby quilt  for her sister in law and also a cameo and lady quilt for her mother. 

Now that I am using my Tin Lizzy all the time I listed and sold my Nellie Belle (Bailey 15" pro quilter) to a local lady. I had met them at a Anita Goodesign event and her mother knew I quilted and asked if I would be taking quilt projects for other people.  Well, she came with her daughter when she bought the machine and she brought a quilt she wants me to quilt for her.  I broke down and told her to leave it that I would quilt it for her.  I really wasn't thinking of doing quilts for others as I am always afraid that I will mess up their quilt.  But this lady was determined that she wanted me to quilt her special quilt.  I even mentioned that her daughter had just bought a quilting machine and she said no she wanted me to quilt her quilt.

So I guess that is about it for now.. I am off to the sewing room...  Hope you all have a great weekend. Oh and a special thanks to all of you who sent get well cards, I loved them all.  It was so nice that you thought of me and it made me feel really special to know you cared.

                                                        As for the puppies
The boys are still looking for a forever home
Bubba the adventurer  (Dk color)
Bailey the shy guy (beside Bubba)
Buddy the lover  (in front)

Then there is Skeeter, he was the runt of the litter, the one we didn't think would make it. He is the one we bottle fed, the one for weeks never gained a ounce.  He is now a healthy boy  just tiny and so spoiled.. Of course after spending all that time and effort to make sure this guy got a fighting chance, he has a home with us.

No comments: