Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Warning, warning Snow is on it way

Add ImageIt is Winter and if I still lived in PA I would be dealing with the cold weather, Ice and Snow.... So I live in Florida, not south Florida where it is really hot, but Northwest Florida. Most of the time the weather is like a spring or fall day, what I like to call sweater weather. NOT TODAY, we were watching TV today and there was a winter warning in the corner. What state is that for I asked, had to be one of the northern states. Hubby went to work and soon he called me as he has access to really up to date weather updates and sure enough, It is snowing in New Orleans and you guessed it, Snow is heading this way.. Now, I have heard that it has snowed here, but I have been here for 11 years and have never seen the white stuff falling to the ground. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of snow falling, the crunch when you walk thru the white stuff, the crispness in the air after a snowfall. I did not like having to shovel the white stuff, the slip sliding trying to drive on the icy streets. To be truthful a snow shovel just doesn't fit my hands anymore and I would love to keep it that way, besides we don't own a snow shovel. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, it would be nice to have a little of the white stuff for effect on Christmas Eve, but that is all that I would like to see. Tonight I will be working on the last of the Gingerbread houses so let it snow, let snow, let it snow.

No comments: