Pages

Quilt Top by Me, Hand Quilted by my Mother, Doll crocheted by my Mother

Monday, October 22, 2012

Charity Quilt Tops are ready for quilting

I have just finished assembling 15 quilt tops for my charity group, these will now be heading to the quilting frame this week. The squares were stitched by members of the World of Charity Stitching group, we even had one member who sent in three UFO embroidered redwork and bluework quilt tops that she was making for her grand daughter. Her grand daughter decided she had outgrown the designs and the top was sent to me to rework for Ronald McDonald House. I an so glad that quilter donated the UFO tops instead of throwing it in the trash as she had planned on doing.
I also have 7 other quilts in the works but at this time I can not post because these are Christmas Gifts and I wouldn't want the surprise to be given away... I will post those after the holidays...


Birdhouse theme # 1

Birdhouse theme # 2
popular theme we had enough for 2 tops

Blue Work, by WOCS member,
I just added borders to this top she was going to trash

Celtic Knot theme
Members stitched know in their favorite colors and chose fabric to match

Cupcake # 2
our cupcake theme was so popular that we had enough squares for a second quilt
Looks so yummy

JBW designs French Country Shoes and purses theme
our 2nd using JBW French Country designs, 1st was animals

Have a Heart theme
Members stitched in reds and pinks for this theme

Holiday theme,
 from a donation of 6 squares 3 more holidays were added to complete this top

Home Sweet Home Family
donation squares and WOCS member made the Home Sweet Home center square

Live, Love, Laugh with Roses
hand embroidered roses were a donation, WOCS members stitched the word blocks 

Red work tops were created as a quilt for a members grand daughter, GD decided she wanted something different and our member sent the quilt to me in case I could somehow use it for our charity group instead of tossing out in the trash.  Quilt was reworked into 4 smaller quilts which will be delivered to Ronald McDonald house this holiday season.




All the above quilt tops were stitched, sewed, embroidered and quilted by
Members of the World of Charity Stitching Group.
I am proud to be a member working on these beautiful quilts.
Thanks to everyone who donated their time, UFOs, Fabrics, threads and love to our projects.
Bonnie
 
Now on to the quilting frame
 
 

No comments: